Leigh Sales AM is an Australian journalist and author. She is the host of the Australian television channel ABC’s flagship news and current affairs program 7.30. In 2019, she was awarded an Order of Australia for her services to broadcast journalism.
Australian journalist and author,
Global Head of Digital Learning and Talent Technology, Citi Group
Execution of HR programs and business strategies often takes place at the mid-level and supervisory level. While HR teams develop HR programs, it is the line managers, supervisors, and middle managers who can really make things happen. How can we make sure that middle managers are aligned, coached and trained to succeed?
- Which HR and L&D programs can best cultivate human and soft skills in managers and supervisors?
- How to coach leaders and managers to build their emotional intelligence and empathy
- Proven HR strategies that help leaders and managers to become thoughtful, authentic and inclusive
Executive General Manager - People & Safety, Coates Hire
People & Development Director, OMD
Director, Human Resources, Australia & New Zealand, MSD
- To what extent can an employee pursue a claim that lacks merit?
- When and how should employers settle claims from employees?
- What recourse can employers take when defend against vexatious claims?
- Courts approach to vexatious claims that don’t have any reasonable prospects of success
Founder & Managing Principal, People + Culture Strategies
- Gain insights into how AI will impact you, your team, and your HR service delivery
- Get an outline of the new AI-focused skills and roles required by future HR teams
- Learn how to utilise HR data and metrics to determine where to begin your AI journey
- Hear some tips on creating a business case for future AI investment
Head of Sales, ELMO Cloud HR & Payroll
As workplaces become more agile, HR professionals will become the essential bond that keeps the team cohesive and provides employees with a sense of belonging. How do you foster collaboration, teamwork, agility and cohesion in an increasingly remote work environment?
- Managing remote, virtual and outsourced employees from an HR perspective
- Successful HR programs that support gig economy workers and contractors
- Communication strategies to create a cohesive culture in a remote and virtual world
- HR programs that combine targets and metrics with flexible work arrangements
- Next level: what type of workplace flexibility will employers offer in the next five years?
Head of People & Culture, Moodle
HR Optimisation Director - APAC, SIRVA
Talent Specialist - Organisation Development, Hastings Deering (Australia) Limited
Head of Human Resources, Uber Australia and New Zealand
HR Director, AbbVie ANZ
HR teams in the future will need to shape corporate cultures and business practices to create the best workforce to meet future needs. What cultural and behavioral attributes should we be focusing on?
- Building a culture to position your organisation for evolution and transformation
- Practical tips for and strategies for selecting, developing and managing employees that will help your company succeed in the future
- Developing capability for the future – but what does the future hold?
- What do HR teams and employees need to do to survive and thrive in the Fourth Industrial Revolution?
Global SVP of Consultancy, Reward Gateway
Chief People & Innovation Officer, Hi Pages Group
Head of People & Culture, DEXUS Property Group
Chief People Officer, Craveable Brands
Executive General Manager, People & Culture, The NRMA
Chief People Officer, Eftpos Australia
- Preparing your workforce for future challenges and opportunities
- What does the future hold for progressive and flexible work options and benefits?
- How can we guide and support teams for a future that is uncertain?
General Manager, People and Culture – Central, Coles
- Making connections across data and information to inform successful decision making
- Using data and analytics to influence stakeholders at all levels
- How to shape data into a narrative to help reveal findings, trends or underlying patterns
- Using visualisations to explain how and why HR data changes over time
- How can we use data to think differently about the employee experience?
Director - People, Performance and Technology, City of Sydney
- Understand the essentials of digital transformation and impact on people processes
- Explore the technology and disruptors of Industry 4.0.
- Identify where your company is along the continuum of digital transformation
- Discover what you need to do to bring your organization up to speed
- Delivering the rewards of a digital transformation
- Practical lessons learned during a variety of different HR tech rollouts
- Examples of successful AI and automation programs that have automated routine HR tasks
- Which transactions can we automate with self-service and what should we retain in human hands?
- Making the transition to focusing on helping people to deliver their best work every day
Chief Executive Officer, Revelian
HR Director for IBM Australia & New Zealand, IBM
HR Director, Head of Knowledge & Insights, Coca-Cola South Pacific
Global Head of HR Service Design & Delivery, QBE Insurance Group Limited
Group Manager Corporate & Enterprise IT, Origin
- Agile strategies, structures, people, processes and technology
- Shifting away from hierarchical, command and control leadership structure
- What does a non-hierarchical approach to career development look like?
- Enabling talent to move around to gain experience on different projects continue learning
- What career progression can we provide in a lean, low hierarchy environment?
Chief People & Performance Officer, The Star Entertainment Group
Interviewed by: Conference chairperson
Human Resources Director, Pernod-Ricard Winemakers
- HR programs that foster personal strengths, passions and purpose
- HR technology solutions that help HR teams to apply personalisation in a scalable way
- How four different employers have taken holistic approaches that acknowledge that their employees are ‘whole people’
- Practical examples of highly connected and personalised people management strategies
GM, People, BAI Communications
Head of People & Culture, Affinity Education Group
Chief People & Culture Officer, THE ICONIC
HR Director, Australia & New Zealand, Unilever
Head of Organisational Development, Sodexo