Directors Forum - Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
As we move through the recovery phase, executive teams are defining what’s next for their businesses and reflecting on what has worked and what we have learned in our response to COVID-19. This panel will discuss executive leadership strategies for the recovery phase.
- What does good business leadership look like in today’s world?
- How to rebuild trust within your workforce
- Leadership lessons from the coronavirus crisis
- How are Australia’s leading companies preparing for the future?
Chief People Officer, Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)
Group Executive, People and Workplace Environment, First State Super
Chief People & Culture Officer, TAL Life
Chief People & Transformation Officer, Energy Queensland
As we prepare our workforces for the next normal, HR teams will need to quickly deliver practical, flexible learning to help shape and support the recovery of our businesses.
- Aligning your L&D initiatives with your organisation’s business goals
- Understand what drives continuous learning culture at Accor
- Strategies implemented in Accor to assist employees for future leadership roles
Senior Vice President, Talent & Culture – Pacific, ACCOR
In this case study session, hear how this company’s progressive leadership is creating a fairer future for women.
- Supporting change that will lead to a better financial future for women and the organisation
- Strong gender diversity policies and normalising flexible working
- Fighting for reform in superannuation guarantee contributions from employers
- Bringing Australia closer to the goal of economic equality
The rapid nature of digital transformation will mean that large portions of our workforce need to be quickly trained and re-trained over the coming months and years. How can we rapidly deploy L&D programs to meet the changing demands?
- What skills will your business need in the short, medium and long term?
- Rapid-scale workforce transformations to meet new demands and needs
- How can capability and skill transfer be achieved in compressed time frames?
- Strategies to successfully transform at speed and scale
- How can we build our organisations’ agility to meet unknown challenges?
Manager Learning and Development, Gold Coast Hospital & Health Service
General Manager, People & Culture, Cricket NSW
Global Director People & Corporate Affairs, Accolade Wines
VP, Strategy, Innovation & Commercial Operations Pacific, Schneider Electric
In this session, we will give an overview of the main employment related legal questions and challenges facing executive teams. Focus areas will include health and safety as well as downsizing strategies.
- Redundancies and stand downs – legal considerations
- Managing contractual obligations and disputes at the executive level
- Health and safety obligations of employers during COVID-19
- Managing safety risks as we return to work in the new normal
Founder & Managing Principal, People + Culture Strategies
HR leaders are uniquely positioned to guide CEOs and executive teams through the recovery and reinvent and reshape their organizations to succeed in the ‘new normal’. But what does HR strategy-making look like in today’s uncertain world?
- Executive strategy in rapidly changing business conditions
- Reinventing the concept of formal talent strategy-making process in the ‘new normal’
- Guiding executive teams through ambiguity
- How to build and execute strategy in an uncertain world
- What does a digital first, adaptable HR strategy look like?
Chief People Officer , The a2 Milk Company
Head of People & Culture, MetLife
Chief People & Culture officer, Vicinity Centres
Human Resources Vice President – Australasia, Mastercard
What culture do you want to create and cultivate to ensure your long-term survival? This panel will discuss internal communications strategies to build resilience, flexibility and agility as we move through the recovery phase and beyond.
- What role should the CEO and executive team play in ongoing internal communications?
- Communicating rapid change to your workforce
- Providing clear direction during uncertain and unpredictable times
- How to help your workforce to thrive in the new normal
- How to engage middle managers in your transformation programs
HR Director, Vodafone
Chief People Officer, REA Group
Chief People and Culture Officer, Seven West Media
HR Director, Foxtel
Peter Fox, Global Head of Digital Learning and Talent Technology, is leading the transformation of Citi’s global learning function into a user-focused learning experience that delivers demonstrable value and ROI. Live streamed from the USA, Peter will share how you can determine the value of L&D investments.
- Understanding the difference between linear vs. adaptive learning
- Identifying various types of learners to determine your L&D approach
- Key points to consider before investing in L&D programs
Global Head of Digital Learning and Talent Technology, Citi Group
Gender equality will still be an important consideration in corporate strategy in 2020 and beyond.
In this conversation, Annika Freyer will join James Fazzino in a conversation about the enduring importance of gender diversity at all levels of an organisation.
CEO, Male Champions of Change
In conversation with:
Chairman, Manufacturing Australia, Convenor of Male Champions of Change
The pandemic called on CEOs to operate in crisis mode to save their companies. With adrenaline now starting to run out, HR leaders can play a critical role in supporting their CEOs for success. This workshop will equip you with practical skills to help your CEO to manage the workforce while preparing for the future.
- What is keeping your CEO up at night?
- What should your CEO be focusing on right now?
- How can CEOs increase their resilience for a long and difficult journey?
- How can HR directors effectively support CEOs to lead to recovery?
Director, The Culture Group
During the crisis with such rapid changes and decision-making, HR teams really learned the importance of real-time data. Darren will share his insight into the use of data for HR decision-making.
- Making connections across data and information to inform successful decision making
- Using real-time data and analytics to influence stakeholders at all levels
- How to shape data into a narrative to help reveal findings, trends or underlying patterns
- Using visualisations to explain how and why HR data changes over time
- How can we use data to think differently about the employee experience?
Executive Director, HR Shared Services, Telstra
Hear from Jane Hollman on the practical realities of ethical leadership, crisis management and dynamic decision-making in the c-suite and the boardroom.
- Negotiating and influencing skills for HR leaders in the executive team
- Creating unity while encouraging diversity of thought in the executive team
- Guiding the executive team through crisis situations and ethical dilemmas
Interview by John Hilton, News Editor, HRD Magazine
Chief People & Culture Officer (Interim), AIA
Since the start of the pandemic, many organizations quickly reshaped and redeployed their teams. Agility became the ‘new normal’. How can we maintain agility to continuously evolve while still meeting our team's need for certainty and advancement opportunities?
- How can we develop talent in rapidly changing agile organisations?
- Moving talent around the organisation to suit changing business priorities
- Taking an agile mindset to support and guide new projects
Group Executive, People and Culture, Quantium